Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Family Gathering

Decided to do a BBQ cum Min buffet at my place on Saturday and asked my family as well as hubby's family for the big gathering.

I don't recall I ever had a gathering like this except during my wedding. Hubby and I started the day with a nice lunch at the East Coast Park Lagoon Hawker Center. Wanted to try the pig's trotter after watching the show on TV. Well....hubby already tried it before and he finds that it's nice but I find that it's ok only.

Then we proceed to Tanjong Katong where we bought satays, ketupat, charcoal, wire mesh and firestarter for the BBQ. Yes, we are only BBQ-ing the satays...hahaha. I decided not to go full fledge BBQ cos' it will definitely take a long time trying to BBQ for so many people and the kids and old folks will definitely be hungry already. So I ordered a mini-buffet from a caterer.

We booked a few facilities including the tennis court and billard room. All of them came around 3.30pm. So my in-laws went to to play billard while my nephew, sis-in-law n bro-in-law went to play tennis. And what are the kids doing? Of course they will be at the pool...kids just love the pool.

It started to drizzle around 5pm and everyone had to go back up to my place instead. Half an hour later, the buffet person called and I directed the person to the BBQ pit next to the pool. It started to drizzle again around 6pm...thank God it stopped 10mins later. The food is ok to me but the rest think it's pretty good. I think I am having a weird tastebud.

The kids are having a ball of a time at the playground next to the BBQ pit. It's amazing how fast kids can make friends with each other. After the BBQ, all of us proceed back to my place to chat.
Not long after, everyone started to leave as the kids are tired.

After they left, it's work for us. We vaccuumed the place and mop the floor. Washed the toilets etc. It was not as bad as I thought it would be...logisitics-wise. I hope everyone had a good time.
And we are left with a lot of left-overs...hahaha

No comments: